Monday, February 3, 2014

Reupholstering the vintage French chair..


When we were in Paris in the Spring last year I was lucky enough to come across these two beauties.  I was instantly in love and on a mission to figure out how exactly to get these home for myself.  I was pleasantly surprised by a seller who was willing to translate my need to get these chairs to our rented apartment to a wonderful delivery man, and my heart was content.  The poor guy had to carry them up 3 flights of shallow steps and then another guy carried them down a week later and loaded them into our taxi van in route to Normandie.  It was worth every minute (note that I was not actually carrying them)!

Once they arrived here in California I had no clue what I wanted to do with them, so they stayed at home with me for a bit before I finally took the plunge.  I had them upholstered in vintage linen that we had purchased while we were in France along with some of my standard linen on the back and sides.  I added tufting to the seat back to create a little more interest for me as well as exposed flat rustic nail head details at the legs.. and I love love them!
   




top 2 images from the Paris flea market/bottom 2 images by Ashlee Raubach 

 

Photobucket If you would like help creating inspirational spaces for yourself contact us!